Hotels in the historical center
Do you want to walk from your hotel to the Uffizi Gallery, Duomo, Ponte Vecchio or Basilica ? Choose then a property in the historical center. Cheaper rates are often available in the weekend. Good properties with cheaper prices can be found near Fortezza da Basso (here is the railway station).
– Uffizi Gallery hotels and apartments (Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo)
– Duomo hotels and apartments (cathedral)
– San Lorenzo hotels and apartments (Basilica)
– Fortezza da Basso hotels and apartments (properties with discount prices )
– The 30 Best Vacation Rentals in Florence
Hotel Pendini (near Duomo cathedral)
Hotel Pendini is a 3 star property with 40 guest rooms. It’s located closeby Piazza della Repubblica. To the cathedral is 350 metres. More than 2130 reviews (9.0).
Hotel Balestri (400 m from Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery)
Hotel Balestri is viewing the Arno River. Nearby are Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery (400 meter). To the Duomo cathedral is 10 minutes walking. More than 1430 reviews (9.0).
Hotel Calzaiuoli (near Duomo cathedral)
Hotel Calzaiuoli is located in the heart of the old city. It takes a 2 minutes walk to the cathedral. Nearby are Palazzo Vecchio and the Uffizi Gallery. More than 2400 reviews (8.6).
Florence is one of the most beautiful cities in Italy, visited each year by millions of tourists. The city is full with Renaissance churches, museums, art galleries and ancient palaces.
– Ponte Vecchio – (bridge, 14th century)
– The Duomo – (Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiori
– Palazzo Vecchio – (principal palace republican government)
– Uffizi Gallery – (world famous museum; Renaissance art)
– The Academia – (with Michelangelo’s sculpture ‘David’)
The central train station is called Santa Maria Novella. The station is located in in the city center not far away from the main sights. Near the train station is also the bus terminal. Regional buses leave from here to cities throughout Tuscany.
Amerigo Vespucci Airport is located just 4 km from the city center. The second and larger (international) airport is Galileo Galilei Airport near Pisa. The railway station is next to Galilei Airport. Travel time to Florence is about one hour.
Duomo, Baptistery, Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio, more info, Uffizi Gallery, Westin Excelsior Hotel, The St. Regis Florence, Hotel delle Nazioni